Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions below stipulate the terms and conditions for sales directly from KegLand Distribution Pty Ltd. If a product has been purchased from a different re-seller/distributor then different terms and conditions may apply.
These terms are taken to be acknowledged and accepted by customers upon making an order from Kegland on this website.
All of our prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST (Goods and services tax). Product prices are regularly updated when price changes are received from our suppliers.
Shipping and Delivery Policy
We deliver products Australia wide using Australia Post for most of the smaller orders and larger orders may be shipped with Direct Freight, Toll, Star Track or other such couriers. Shipping costs are influenced by the size and weight of the product and your location. Exact shipping costs are calculated in the shopping cart and will be added to the order total before checkout.
Orders are usually dispatched within 2 business days and shipping times are estimated at between 2-7 business days depending on your location within Australia.
Some large items such as multi-door kegerators cannot be shipped via the normal means, need to be shipped on a pallet may require delivery at a business address to ensure things go smoothly. It is best you have a forklift on site for these, otherwise, a ~$75 (as at July 2020) fee will be additionally charged for tailgate loading.
Delays and Non-Scanning Events
In the rare event that an item / carton(s) does not scan into the couriers depot, or missed scanning events. KegLand will re-fund / re-send such goods with standard shipping after 10 business days of the last scanning event (20 business times of natural disasters/force majeur (see below)). KegLand will not Express ship the items if Express shipping was not paid for on the original invoice. If express shipping is required, you will be required to pay the difference in cost of standard shipping to express shipping. Please note some items cannot be express shipped due to either the size / weight.
Shipping within Australia and Internationally
KegLand Distribution Pty Ltd ships goods Australia wide.
We also make sales internationally, however, all international shipping must be organised and funded by the purchaser. Alternatively, international purchasers not in Australia can contact www'kegland.cn (our Chinese manufacturing arm) to arrange a direct import or arrange stock for redistribution.
Customer Service Objectives
KegLand is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality products. We endeavour to make sure that all products listed on our website are currently in stock and pricing is true and correct. Standard delivery timeframes are between 2-7 business days; in the event that an ordered item is not available or we are unable to fulfil your order, we will notify you within 2 business days to arrange an agreeable alternative item, a backorder or a full refund.
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its "IP address," and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer's IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes. An example of this would be when proceeding to a checkout to finalise an order you may wish to make. After completing the form provided, your IP address will be stored along with a transaction number that allows us to track your order.
Returns and Refunds: Procedure and Policy
Leaks and/or Lost Product
All gear supplied by KegLand must be tested thoroughly before use and maintained correctly over time. KegLand is not responsible for lost beer, beverages, liquid, gas or other consumables caused by leaks or faulty items. It is the job of the installer to thoroughly check hose joins, taps, seals, chillers and all other corresponding gear before leaving the system unattended or under pressure. All beer systems require maintenance and require periodic seal replacements etc. It is the user's ongoing role to make sure all fittings and fixtures are working correctly and maintain a good seal. If these checks have not been done properly and you are unsure whether everything is airtight, then please do not leave the equipment unattended or under pressure.
1.0 - Return for Refund - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Non-Defective Items
If you return the product to us because you have incorrectly purchased or simply did not need the product you can send it back to KegLand for a refund, less shipping. Normal processing times for these are 2 business days from receipt during normal periods.
The terms of this include:
1.1 The product must be returned in new, saleable condition and must not be used or abused;
1.2 The customer must pay the cost of the postage back to us;
1.3 The customer accepts that the original cost of postage has been spend and is non-refundable as it is not recoverable;
1.4 Returns cannot be accepted for consumables due to their inherent perishable nature. This applies to grain, hops, yeast and other ingredients that cannot be resold upon being returned.
If any of the above are not satisfied, Kegland reserve the right to not accept the return and return the items back to the customer or negotiate a partial refund.
2.0 - Faulty Product or Product not as Described.
In the event you have received an order from Kegland and it is not how it should be due to damage, poor quality, poor craftsmanship or otherwise, please contact Kegland through the official channels (email or phone) to make us aware as soon as possible.
Claims for the above will be handled in the following manners:
2.1 - Claims within The First 7 Days
If a fault in the product has been identified within 7 days of receiving the goods and Kegland made aware, the customer will be given the option to return to KegLand for a full refund including freight.
2.2 - Sending Replacement Parts
If the issue can be resolved by sending out replacement parts for the customer to resolve remotely, KegLand would normally prefer this and offer this as an option.
2.3 - Keep as-is at a Discount
If the customer is happy to keep the product as is the KegLand will offer the customer a discount to keep the goods. This amount calculated is normally calculated with reference to the costs and losses associated in returning the item and what will adequately resolve the situation to the customers satisfaction.
2.4 - Returns After 7 Days
If the fault in the product has been identified after 7 days, the product will need to be returned to KegLand Distribution for assessment. KegLand will assess the product in 47hrs and will in their discretion make a decision to either repair, refund or replace the product.
3.0 Refunds / Replacements
Refunds or replacements will only be issued once goods have been returned and received by our warehouse and assessed to be non-repairable. We cannot refund goods/or send replacement goods until the product being refunded/replaced has been received by our warehouse in good order.
Please note, if you persist and use a perishable or item after the defect becomes apparent, you waive your rights under these terms and conditions and accept the items as they are. We cannot return for either refund or replacement such items, including but not limited to hardware and consumables, such as grain (e.g not milled or measured correctly).
4.0 Pickups / Postage If the item was picked up from KegLand then to get a return the goods need to be dropped back off to KegLand.
Warranty and service needs to be delivered int he same manner as the order it was purchased on. I.e. if you have an item that was collected from us via customer pickup, you need to bring the item back as we cannot offer postage to facilitate the return. If you originally had it posted to you, we can make arrangements for it to be posted/couriered back.
In the event we will need to get it posted back, we will take care of the delivery costs and bookings, but will require the customer to adequately package the item and for small items drop them in a post box or at the Australia Post office.
Please package all items to be returned as best as possible. If there is damage to items due to poor packaging, this will not be born by Kegland.
3.0 - Warranty Claims & Procedure
3.1 - Warranty Period
The standard warranty period is a default twelve (12) months unless otherwise specifically listed in the item description. This is offered by Kegland as a retailer and is not a guarantee under Australian Consumer Law ("ACL"). The normal and standard guarantees exist under Australian law as they exist under the ACL and common law and Kegland have no intention of excluding them.
3.2 - How to Lodge a Warranty Claim
To lodge a warranty claim with a KegLand purchase from our website www.kegland.com.au please send all relevant information plus your order number through to [email protected]
All phone call warranty claims must be backed up by a written email. England does not conduct warranty claims via our staff's personal email, mobile telephone or other means of social media. All must be through our warranty claims department via email [email protected]
3.3 - Warranty Coverage
- For warranty claims coverable by KegLand Australia, we will cover any and all costs associated with the process of returning and redelivering the item after successful repair to the claimant. We reserve the right to replace, repair or refund for the item at our own discretion, pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law's as they appear in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("ACL"). If a warranty-covered fault/defect is found, all costs associated with the repair/refund/replacement, including freight both ways, will be absorbed by KegLand.
- Standard warranty does not extend to products purchased and used for on-selling and hiring out to third parties. Please note too, consumer guarantees as they appear in the ACL are further limited in instances of on-selling and hiring out.
- Warranty on ingredients/perishables/consumables extends only to faults in packaging and product condition. Warranty cannot be claimed with dissatisfaction from the results of using the product. I.e. if you don't like the beer you made with it.
- Warranty from KegLand Australia does not apply to items taken abroad and used outside of Australia; any parts or services needed under warranty in such instances must have all shipping organised and funded by the claimant.
- Modifications causing defect void warranty to the extent that the modification caused or potentially contributed to the defect, as determined by KegLand. Modification to items will also limit the forms of remedy we will be able to provide at our discretion (i.e. we cannot offer complete replacement of items that have been modified or damaged altered by the user.
- Warranty attaches to the items themselves only. KegLand will not be liable for loss to ingredients and perishables that may result from a warranty-covered defect, such as a loss of a brew.
- Warranty does not cover loss of compressed gas or fluid due to the user's failure to check their system for leaks. KegLand provides hardware that becomes the user's responsibility to ensure has been installed appropriately for the application.
- Warranty naturally does not cover defect, damage or failure due to fatigue or wear and tear. Unreasonably strenuous or extended usage in situations not conceived by KegLand when offering the warranty may not be covered if in all the circumstances it would be considered unreasonable to the fair-minded person.
3.4 - Warranty Exclusions and Disclaimers
Items sought to be repaired/replaced under warranty must be returned to KegLand in the same manner as they were originally delivered. Customer pickup orders must be dropped off in-person to our warehouse and we will not make arrangements instead to have it shipped.
If the item:
- turns out to not be faulty upon thorough testing by our technicians;
- tests as working fine; or
- the issue with the item turns out to be user error
we will naturally need to pass on the costs of freight originally incurred by us to the claimant. Additionally, all costs of return postage to re-deliver the products will need to be covered by the claimant.
3.0 - Pre-Ordering, Backordering & Deposits
As a blanket rule, we do not allow any form or pre-orders or back-orders for out of stock/not yet stocked products. This is simply not possible due to warehouse, capital, stock management system and stocking reasons.
There is a limited exception for special order items we have on the website (uncommon items and bulk amounts):
- Some items require special ordering and/or a pre-payment to reserve stock.
- Pre-payments made for the purpose of special ordering or holding are non-refundable and the depositor forfeits this payment in the event of a change of mind. The payment taken is to cover our costs should the purchaser unfairly cancel after effort has been made to manufacture/ship/warehouse/organise large/expensive items.
- We are willing to hold items for a maximum of one month (30 days) from the date of either:
- the date the deposit was made to reserve an in-stock item; or
- the date specially ordered stock arrive at our Australian warehouse and is ready to despatch.
4.0 - Stock Levels, Pricing and BNPL
4.1 - Incorrect Stock Availability
In the event that an item is accidentally oversold (IE customer has purchased an item(s) that has displayed as 'in stock' but is not in reality in stock). The customer will be contacted as soon as Kegland become aware of the issue. Customers will be given the following options to choose from:
- Refund on the relevant item and send the remainder of the order;
- Cancel the whole order and refund in its entirety; or
- hold the entire order until the item is back in stock (only if the restock date is within 14 days).
We cannot backorder the out of a stock item and send the rest in a separate consignment unless additional postage is paid by the customer.
4.2 - Incorrect Postage Quotations & Pricing
Postage quotations through the Kegland website and generated automatically. While we do our best to test them to their limits to ensure they produce accurate and repeatable quotations in each instance, there will be rare instances where postage estimations are plainly incorrect and do not reflect the true amount. This is because they are not human-generated when through the website.
Kegland reserve the right to provide partial refunds in the event postage is less than quoted and/or charged and reserve the right to seek additional monies in the event postage is grossly underquoted and/or undercharged by the website. If no amicable solution can be agreed upon by both parties in such an event, Kegland as a last resort reserve the right to cancel and refund the order.
Please note, any postage quotations through the website are calculated as being sent as cartons (individual boxes). Should the customer want larger orders palletised and/or sent through an alternative carrier more apt to dealing with pallets, they need to select the 'request a shipping quote' option.
4.3 - BNPL - Services
Kegland now offers a "Premium Support" feature for BNPL (buy now pay later) services which gives you access to faster over the phone services, expedited packing and processing. If you would not like the "Premium Support" feature and you would like to use the "Standard Support" Service just select bank transfer during checkout and email our customer support team with your order number and phone number and your order will be processed during business hours by our team with your preferred BNPL option.